Keith Blowe • Chair
Colonel (Ret) Keith Blowe is a native of Sussex, Virginia. He is a 1981 Distinguished Military Graduate from the University of Richmond, where he was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the United States Army, Military Police Corps. In the same year he received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminology from Virginia Commonwealth University. He retired from the military after over 28 years of active duty service in June 2009, and has been active in the Sussex Community as a former member of the Sussex County Chamber of Commerce; the Southside Virginia Criminal Justice Board; and the Sussex County Board of Zoning Appeals. In November 2015, he was elected as a member of the Sussex County Board of Supervisors, for the Stony Creek District and will began is four (4) year terns in January 2016.
He was Ordained as a Deacon at New Hope Baptist Church, Sussex, Virginia in 2008. Colonel (Ret) Blowe is married to the Reverend Dr. Deborah Nunnally-Blowe, Ph.D., a retired clinical psychologist, author, ordained clergy and Army veteran. They have four adult children and fifteen wonderful grandchildren. They have served at St. Paul's Baptist Church since 2012.
- Master of Strategic Studies / Planning from the United States Army War College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania;
- Master of Science in Information Systems Management and Technology, George Washington University, Washington D.C.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Criminology from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- Certified Protection Professional, (CPP), the highest level certification in the Security Industry and the field of Security Management)
- Certified Level III, Acquisitions Program Manager
- Certified Diversity Trainer – Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute
WORK AFTER MILITARY:
Since retirement from the military Colonel (Ret) Blowe has continued his service securing our Nation in the following Agencies:
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Transportation Security Administration (TSA);
- Defense Logistics Agency, Richmond;
- President / CEO of BLW-SOLUTIONS, LLC (a security consulting firm)
- Elected as a member of the Sussex County Board of Supervisors, Stony Creek District for a 4 year term (2016 - 2019).
- Colonel (Ret) Blowe is privileged to also serve as a mentor to young security professionals and as a member of numerous boards to include the ASIS International Board Member of the Professional Certification Board. This organization is recognized Internationally as the industry leader for Security Professionals.